Crescent Nursery NELSON & BRIERFIELD
Crescent Nursery is excited to announce the opening of TWO NEW BRANCHES, this September, in Nelson and in Brierfield. We are looking to recruit an inspiring leader to manage one or both settings. There will also be opportunities to make our centres thriving learning hubs within the community.
- Salary : £18,200 pro rata.
- Hrs of work, Mon-Fri 8:30 – 3:30 in the first instant, term time only.
- Qualifications – minimum of L3 Childcare.
- Closing date: Fri 26th May 2023, 5:00pm
- For a job description, person specification, see below
- To apply, send your CV with a cover letter to the details below, or search ‘Nursery Manager Nelson’ on Indeed.com.
For an informal discussion about this exciting post, contact the nursery owner, Faheem Chishti on, 07884 053544, or email email@example.com
Parents: For child places, contact Fozia on 07752 381618
About Us: We have been successfully running nurseries in Rochdale since 2011. Owned by an experienced teacher with a background of Ofsted and senior management experience in the primary school sector.
|Job Title: Nursery Manager (L3) Location: Nelson and/or Brierfield Reporting to: Nursery Owner Supported by: Senior Nursery Manager||Pay: Negotiable above NMW Hours of work: 37 hours per week|
|SUMMARY OF MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB To manage the day to day running of Crescent Nursery in Nelson and/or Brierfield.|
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES To provide day care for children in a way that meets their physical, social, emotional and development needs in a non discriminatory manner.To lead in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages and needs of the children, which encourages independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.To adhere to Ofsted requirements incorporating Early Years Foundation Stage.To be familiar with Ofsted guidelines and recommendations of OUTSTANDING practice and to assist in their implementation.To lead safeguarding procedures as the named DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEAD.To liase with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of the nursery and in all aspects of their children’s care.To lead the daily domestic management of the nursery, including ensuring the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times.To lead planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activity for the children in collaboration with other staff, including students and volunteers.To have a full understanding of the nursery systems of record keeping and keep records of the children’s development, using the nursery Key Person system, including reporting assessments to the Local Authority. To liaise with the Local Authority in terms of funding records and monitoring visits, ensuring all requirements are adhered to.|
|GENERAL To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required, commensurate with the grade of the post.To be committed to play a full part as a member of a teamTo undergo any training and development relevant to the satisfactory performance of the job, as required|
- NVQ level 3 in Childcare or equivalent
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Food Hygiene certificate
- At least 12 months experience of working in a successful early years setting.
- Health and Safety certificate
- A good knowledge of Early Child development
- A good understanding of the 0-5 Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ability to keep records pertaining to individual children
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Be able to show creativity, drive and passion to improve the setting
- Ability to forge positive relationships with other people
- Willingness to take on additional tasks when necessary