Crescent Day Nursery is committed to providing high quality care and education for children aged 2 to 5 years in a homely and caring atmosphere. Our curriculum serves to promote and enhance the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development of the children in line with Early Years foundation stage and according to the Islamic principles.
Early Years Foundation Stage
Crescent Day Nursery follows the government based framework for early learning called the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). The EYFS sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old. All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS, including childminders, preschools, nurseries and school reception classes.
- A Unique Child commits to child development, inclusive practice, keeping safe and health and wellbeing.
- Positive Relationships commits to respecting each-other, parents as partners, supporting learning and the key person approach.
- Enabling Environments commits to observation, planning and assessment of children, supporting every child, the learning environment and the wider context (e.g. working in partnership with other settings, professionals and community groups).
- Learning and Development commits to play and exploration, active learning, creativity and critical thinking and areas of learning and development. Learning and development is made up of seven areas:
- Communication & language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive Arts & Designs
There are assessments when a child is aged between 2 and 3 years and at the end of the academic year when they turn 5. These are not tests for the child – the assessments are based on EYFS practitioners’ observations.
At the end of the academic year when a child turns 5, the practitioner records each child’s development by watching the child playing and in the classroom. The completed assessment is known as the ‘early years foundation stage profile’. This is used to help the year 1 teacher plan lessons for the children. These are available to access for every child throughout the year, please ask Fozia Shah if you would like to see your child’s.
- Please speak to the nursery the nursery manager (Fozia Shah)
- Visit this website.