Crescent Nurseries are looking to expand their provision Nelson and in Brierfield. We are currently looking for passionate Nursery Practitioners to help set up and run our exciting new settings. For an informal discussion, contact Faheem on 07884 053534 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Term time only
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To provide day care for children in a way that meets their physical, social, emotional and development needs in a non discriminatory manner.
2. To assist in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages and needs of the children, which encourages independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
3. To adhere to Ofsted requirements incorporating Early Years Foundation Stage.
4. To be familiar with Ofsted guidelines and recommendations of good practice and to assist in their implementation.
5. To liase with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of the nursery and in all aspects of their children’s care.
6. To assist in the daily domestic management of the nursery, including ensuring the nursery is kept safe, secure and clean at all times.
7. To contribute to the planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activity for the children in collaboration with the Nursery Manager and other staff, including students.
8. To have a full understanding of the nursery systems of record keeping and keep records of the children’s development, using the nursery Key Person system.
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of the post, at the initial or present place of work or at any of the college’s establishments.
- To be committed to play a full part as a member of a team
- To undergo any training and development relevant to the satisfactory performance of the job, as required
- The job description is current at advertising. In consultation with you, it is liable to variation by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
NVQ L3 Childcare or equivalent (essential)
Paediatric 1st aid, not just 1st aid
Food Hygiene (Desirable)
Health and Safety Certificate (Desirable)
At least 6 months experience of working in a nursery setting (essential)
Worked in similar day care setting (Desirable)
Understanding of child development 0-5 years (essential)
Ability to keep records effectively
Some knowledge of early years foundation (Desirable)
Good organizational skills
Ability to forge positive relationships with others
Willingness to take additional tasks when necessary
Desire to continue learning and development
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 38 per week
- Day nursery
- Nursery: 1 year (preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
- Management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 17/06/2023
Expected start date: 09/09/2023